Pie Crust Ingredients
1 1/2 cups almond flour;
1/4 cup butter, or clarified butter, melted;
1 tsp salt
Pie Filling Ingredients
1 lb ground beef;
1 tbsp Paleo cooking fat;(avocado oil, olive oil, coconut oil
1/2 onion, chopped;
1/2 cup homemade barbecue sauce; (see at the bottom)
1 cup lettuce, chopped;
1 red bell pepper, sliced;
1 avocado, chopped;
Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Pie Crust Preparation
1. In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, butter and salt. Blend until a doughy texture takes shape.
2. Transfer the dough into a 9 inch pie dish and press it out evenly into the dish so that the complete surface is covered.
Pie Filling Preparation
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F.
2. In a large skillet over a medium-high heat, melt the cooking fat and sauté the onions in the cooking fat until they become slightly translucent.
3. Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until the beef has cooked through.
4. Mix the barbecue sauce in with the beef and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Cook for about 2 more minutes and then remove from the heat.
6. Pour the beef into the pie crust and place in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
7. Prior to serving, cover the surface of the pie with chopped lettuce, red bell pepper and avocado.
HOW TO PREPARE THE BBQ SAUCE:
1 onion, minced;
1 clove garlic, minced;
1 can (6 oz) tomato paste;
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar;
1/2 cup water;
1/4 cup homemade ketchup;
3 tbsp homemade mustard;
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce;
1 pinch ground cloves;
1 pinch cinnamon;
Smoked paprika to taste;
Hot sauce to taste, optional (check the ingredients and chose a high-quality sauce);
1. In a large frying pan, with a bit of cooking fat, brown the onion for about 4 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
3. Add all the other ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes.
4 Taste the sauce and adjust with more smoked paprika, vinegar or hot sauce to the desired taste.
5. Cool and store in the refrigerator.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Recipe and photo from: http://paleodietlifestyle.com
As the leader and CEO of Ultimate You Change Centres, Andy has built the business from the ground up. Utilising the skills he obtained in the early days of his carpentering, he put his tool belt back on and personally built the first Change Centre himself. Whilst simultaneously executing business decisions on an executive level, it was Andy’s mission to create an innovative and successful business that encapsulates extraordinary change and growth not only in business but in the world’s state of health.