Are you happy?
Is your gut happy?
How do you know if your gut is UNhappy?
Your gut and your brain are inextricably connected, and it is this connection that means the health of one will have a direct impact on the health of the other.
On a really cool side note, you have this hormone called Serotonin that plays are the huge role in helping you feel happy, and 95% of it is made it your gut!
Because of this incredible gut-brain connection, common symptoms of an unhappy gut may not always be that obvious. Below are a few symptoms to be aware of:
• Abdominal Pain
• Diarrhea and/ or constipation
• Joint pain
• Brain fog
• Lack of concentration
If you suspect you have gut issues here are 4 steps you can take to assisting it to heal:
1. Work out any food intolerances you have: Any food intolerances and allergies you may have will support inflammation in the gut, and prevent healing from occurring. Identifying these and then removing them from your diet is key to a happy healthy gut and brain!
2. Common intolerances are peanuts, eggs, dairy products including milk, yogurt and cheese, gluten and wheat products including bread, pasta, and some packaged goods.
3. Reduce stress: when you become stressed, your body releases a hormone called cortisol. Cortisol has a negative impact of the flora in your gut and studies have shown this can activate an immune and inflammatory response, which inhibits your body from healing. To reduce stress try meditation, walking or a sweat session on the green.
Introduce gut healing foods. Some foods have the ability to help reduce inflammation in your gut and help it heal. Foods to include in your diet are aloe vera juice, chia seeds, turmeric and chia seeds.
4. Contact a trusted practitioner to help you figure it all out. When we are experiencing symptoms like the above, it can be so confusing and we often need a trained eye to assist us back to health. Approaching a nutritionist can help you identify where your diet isn’t serving you, and they will be able to make suggestions as to how you can heal your gut and improve your overall health, so you can maximize that 95% of serotonin production and feel oh so happy!
Jenna is UY’s resident Nutritionist. She is a passionate health advocate and every bit food nerd! Jenna’s passion for food and nutrition started early on when she began to notice the effects it had on her energy levels, her mood and her skin’s health. Jenna truly believes that food has the ability to either feed disease or feed health, and it is her mission in this world to inspire and educate people to live each day a little healthier than the last.
Follow this link to learn more: www.ultimateyou.clickfunnels.com/nutritionmastery